Home care Seminars
Understanding the basics of the home care system and the many options available to you is very daunting. The system is complex, and some information is not easy to access, let alone understand. That is where My Care Choices can help.
Our online information sessions empower you to make informed choices on the individual home care options for you or your loved one. Our online session helps you understand all aspects of home care packages so you or your loved one can live independently at home for as long as possible. We believe that someone who understands the home care system will have greater choice and control to get more out of their home care package.
HOME CARE SEMINAR HC-A
Introduction to Home Care
Free program for 1 hour discussing the following:
- What options are available for home care support?
- How to access a Home Care Package and what is the journey
- What should I discuss during the ACAT/ACAS assessment?
- What is the national prioritisation system?
- How to find a Home Care Provider
- Overview of Support Options
- What should I consider when selecting or changing home care providers?
- What is Consumer Directed Care (CDC) and how to get the most out of it?
- What do you need to consider when having a care provider in your home?
HOME CARE SEMINAR HC-B
Home Care Essentials
$99 for 1.5 hour session
- What support can you receive and who, when, and how it can be delivered to meet your personal preferences and choices?
- What services can I get in a home care package?
- Understanding the home care pricing model and fees.
- Goal setting, care planning and individualised budgets
- Questions you should ask your provider about your care and support options
- How to access a home care package and potential hurdles?
- Understanding your rights and responsibilities as a home care recipient
- What involvement do family members have in the home care system?
HOME CARE SEMINAR HC-C
Home Care advanced
$99 for 1.5 hour session
- Interpreting the care plan and individualised budget on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring that your expenses are correctly accounted for each month
- Self-Managed package options and the pros and cons
- Alternative care staff options and pros/cons of using a provider vs independent contractor
- Understanding the mechanisms of the home care system
- Being re-assessed as your care needs change
- Out of pocket expenses and income tested care fees
- Complaints and complaint management options
- What do you do if you are over charged or incorrectly charged?
- What are administration charges and how do they work?
- What should I do when changing a home care provider?